This seems to be the same as
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution-data-
server/+bug/1952107

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to evolution-data-server in

  Evolution: Migrate to People API to retain programmatic access to
  Google Contacts.

Status in Evolution:
  Unknown
Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  New
Status in evolution package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in evolution-data-server package in Ubuntu:

  I'm running Ubuntu MATE 20.04; I stick with LTS for this system.  I
  use Evolution for email and calendar.  Tonight I got this message:

  =====
  Failed to connect address book “guy.rouill...@gmail.com : Contacts”

  Invalid request URI or header, or unsupported nonstandard parameter: Contacts
API is being deprecated. Migrate to People API to retain programmatic access to
Google Contacts. See
https://developers.google.com/people/contacts-api-migration.
  ======

  I went to report this on the GNOME bug tracker and found this existing
  issue:

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/1655

  That issue was closed with this comment:
  ======
  "Andre Klapper

      Issue found on latest Evolution in Debian 11 (3.38.3-1)

  That version is ancient and not maintained anymore by GNOME
  developers. Feel free to file a bug report in your distribution's
  issue tracker."

  The version in MATE is even older: 3.36.5-0ubuntu1

  So apparently Evolution in MATE is currently not functional.  We need to
update to a later release.  I will update to the newer LTS of MATE when it is
released.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.21
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: MATE
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-MATE 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  Package: evolution-data-server
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags: third-party-packages focal
  Uname: Linux 5.4.0-92-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to focal on 2020-05-17 (622 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True