For Today, the version of MondemManager in jammy 1.18.6

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to modemmanager in Ubuntu.

  modemmanager/libmbim cannot make use of Quectel EM120

Status in libmbim package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in modemmanager package in Ubuntu:

  As reported on https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-
  broadband/ModemManager/-/issues/402, this modem (shipped in many new
  Lenovo ThinkPad laptops) requires some specific handling as others new
  modems to performs FCC unlock procedure.

  A fix has been merged upstream: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-
  broadband/libmbim/-/merge_requests/125/diffs

  Can we expect to see that merged in the current Ubuntu 21.10 ?

  I understand it might require a backport, since they merged it against
  1.26 and it does not seems to apply cleanly on 1.24. I also suspect
  upgrading libmbim to 1.26 is not acceptable for impish release.