Public bug reported:

The gutenprint website says that they still support the earlier "Epson
Stylus Photo" models, but the Ubuntu printer settings tool only shows
drivers for the R240 and up. Is this a regression, or purposeful? See
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php

The gutenprint site shows this sub-list of similarly supported drivers,
including the R220:

  Epson Stylus Photo R200  escp2-r200
  Epson Stylus Photo R210  escp2-r210
  Epson Stylus Photo R220  escp2-r220
  Epson Stylus Photo R230  escp2-r230

What you expected to happen?

  I expected the Ubuntu printer settings utility to offer the "Epson
Stylus Photo R220" printer driver.

What happened instead?

  The Ubuntu printer settings utility only offered the series R240 and
above.

System Info:

  Release:      20.04

Cups Info:
  Installed: 2.3.1-9ubuntu1.1
  Candidate: 2.3.1-9ubuntu1.1
  Version table:
  *** 2.3.1-9ubuntu1.1 500
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64
Packages
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security/main amd64
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      2.3.1-9ubuntu1 500
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages

Note: Manually, I was able to successfully install openprinting-
gutenprint_5.2.7-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb from the OpenPrinting site (which
includes R220) but it would be better to find the R220 driver in the
list of available print drivers through the automated Ubuntu printer
settings utility.

See https://www.openprinting.org/printer/Epson/Epson-Stylus_Photo_R220
for the Debian package(s).

** Affects: cups (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  No Epson Stylus Photo R220 or R200 drivers

Status in cups package in Ubuntu: