** Description changed:

  [Impact]

  We want to update to the newer serie for better hardware support

  [Test Plan]

-
  [Where problems could occur]

- <FFC unlock changes to be described>
+ The new version no longer automatically performs the FCC unlock
+ procedure by default, see details on
+ https://modemmanager.org/docs/modemmanager/fcc-unlock/
+
+ It means some modem will stop working out of the box.
+
+ <details to be added about why that change is wanted>

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to modemmanager in Ubuntu.

  SRU the new 1.18 serie to focal for hwe

Status in libmbim package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in libqmi package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in modemmanager package in Ubuntu: