The bug status is appropriate. Thank you for taking the time to help
make Ubuntu better.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  Stop recommending snap

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  Currently, ubuntu recommends installing snap by default, and some apps
  are slowly transitioning from DEB-based installation to Snap-based
  installation.

  APT is great, and facilitates having a clean, maintainable system.

  The snap project is not very well designed or engineered (just
  changing the location of where snap data is located is taking the
  project more than 5 years because it was hardcoded:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapd/+bug/1575053). Snaps are large and
  VERY slow. The design of snap, as well as the way that decisions are
  made, are very questionable, and are receiving increasing amounts of
  criticism.

  I'd like to request that Ubuntu stops recommending snap, stops
  transitioning towards snaps, and we come back to defaulting to
  DEB/APT-based installation for all apps.