** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  apt installs snap packages

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      22.04

  $ apt-cache policy apt
  apt:
    Installed: 2.4.1
    Candidate: 2.4.1
    Version table:
   *** 2.4.1 500
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  3) I expected to dist-upgrade my system, running apt-get dist-upgrade

  4) apt tried to install firefox from snap. I naturally aborted the upgrade,
if I want a snap package I install it with snap, I use apt to install
debian/apt packages.
  Aborting the install essentially broke my system. Trying to repair it, and
installing firefox using apt again, hence getting force-fed the snap of
firefox, broke my install, too, as the snap cannot access my firefox
configuration files (for good reasons).
  It took me half a day to repair the system and switch to a PPA to keep the
system (and Ubuntu with its intended processes - apt for deb, snap for snap,
probably flatpaks and whatever for other stuff  - for that matter) running.

  In summary: We know you love snap. We use snap for certain purposes, and apt
for others. Please don't force your love for snap on us, snaps constantly break
long-running systems and require careful introduction.

  The proper solution could have been to stop supporting firefox from apt, so
we have to consciously deal with the situation - without getting our systems
broken.

  Thanks ❤️

  Package: apt 2.4.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu79
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: MATE
  Date: Tue Mar 22 16:26:47 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Alpha amd64 (20220228)
  RebootRequiredPkgs: Error: path contained symlinks.
  SourcePackage: apt