Mine is an openvpn.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  vpn auto-connect works, but doesn't connect automatically when network
  is available.

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  I'm having a bug in Ubuntu Trusty Tahr 14.04 LTS. The issue I'm having
  is that with a connection set to auto-connect to a PPTP-vpn, it does
  not auto-connect when (wireless)-network becomes available.

  Syslog returns this error:

  <error> [1401130450.367538] [nm-vpn-connection.c:1374]
  get_secrets_cb(): Failed to request VPN secrets #2: (6) No agents were
  available for this request.

  However it does connect when when connecting to the particular
  connection manually. e.g. I select the wireless network in the
  network-manager.

  This bug seems related to bugs:
  #280571
  #1297849
  #1247682
  #1298047

  The difference between my situation and the others is that vpn-
  autoconnect does work, it just doesn't work automatically.