** Description changed:

- .
+ I request a Feature Freeze Exception to update libarchive from 3.5.2 to
+ 3.6.0 and build evince with libarchive 3.6.
+
+ This will allow us to drop 2 revert commits we added to evince to build with
the older libarchive.
+ https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/evince/-/commit/badb5b65b
+
+ Changes
+ -------
+ https://github.com/libarchive/libarchive/releases/tag/v3.6.0
+ https://github.com/libarchive/libarchive/compare/v3.5.2...v3.6.0
+
+ Other Changes
+ -------------
+ 1. I am cherry-picking a security fix for CVE-2022-26280
+ 2. debian/rules was only running dh_auto_test if 'check' was set in
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS. I am changing that to only run if 'nocheck' is not set. That
way we run the build tests by default.
+
+ I'm forwarding both those changes to Debian soon.
+
+ Build logs
+ ----------
+
https://launchpad.net/~jbicha/+archive/ubuntu/arch/+sourcepub/13404994/+listing-archive-extra
+
+ https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=evince
+
+ Testing done
+ ------------
+ No errors in the install logs
+
+ Evince still works fine to open a variety of PDFs and a .cbz file I have.
+ File Roller still works fine to open a variety of compressed file types.

** Also affects: evince (Ubuntu)

  -------

  -------------
- 1. I am cherry-picking a security fix for CVE-2022-26280
- 2. debian/rules was only running dh_auto_test if 'check' was set in
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS. I am changing that to only run if 'nocheck' is not set. That
way we run the build tests by default.
+ 1. libarchive: I am cherry-picking a security fix for CVE-2022-26280
+ 2. libarchive: debian/rules was only running dh_auto_test if 'check' was set

  No errors in the install logs

  Evince still works fine to open a variety of PDFs and a .cbz file I have.
  File Roller still works fine to open a variety of compressed file types.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libarchive in Ubuntu.

  [FFe] update libarchive to 3.6.0

Status in evince package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in libarchive package in Ubuntu: