** Attachment added: "Contents of override file"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssh/+bug/1968305/+attachment/5578185/+files/sshd_config_override

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu.

  sshd_config.d overrides not working

Status in openssh package in Ubuntu:

  Creating an sshd_config override file under /etc/ssh/sshd_config.d/
  does not override settings from /etc/ssh/sshd_config

  From debugging sshd, I can see the override file is indeed being read,
  and the option is supposedly set. But after testing, the options are
  not taking effect.

  Specifically, in the main sshd_config, I have disabled PasswordAuthentication
  In my override file, PasswordAuthentication is enabled

  Yet, when connecting to the server, it only checks public/private
  keys.

  This is for an environment where we have our default sshd_config, and in
specific use-cases, we might enable PasswordAuthentication for some servers.

  Package: openssh-server 1:8.2p1-4ubuntu0.4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.13.0-39.44~20.04.1-generic 5.13.19
  Uname: Linux 5.13.0-39-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.21
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  Date: Fri Apr  8 10:37:42 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 20.04.3 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64
(20210824)
  SourcePackage: openssh