** No longer affects: ubuntu-mate

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  suspend does not lock screen Fresh Ubuntu Mate 20.04.1

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  When suspending my freshly installed 20.04.1 system I noticed that on waking
a password is not required. lightdm does not have locking enabled on suspend. A
workaround I found from pszafer
   on archlinux blog.

  Quoted below:

  create lockscreen.sh file somewhere in your home directory with:

  #!/bin/sh
  XDG_SEAT_PATH="/org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Seat0" dm-tool lock
  - I've prefer just for sure creating dmlock.service file in home dir and
create symlink to /etc/systemd/system.
  File has to be in /etc/systemd/system/dmlock.service

  [Unit]
  Description=DM Lock before sleep
  Before=sleep.target

  [Service]
  ExecStart=/home/user/dir/lockscreen.sh

  [Install]
  WantedBy=sleep.target
  For your needs, you probably need hibernate.target.

  Next run following commands:

  systemctl daemon-reload
  systemctl enable dmlock.service
  Just for sure it is working you could run:

  systemctl list-unit-files
  systemctl start dmlock.service
  Hope it helps you a little