** Also affects: network-manager (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: ubuntu-mate

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  [20.04.1] Uncooperative network center (more irritant than joy)

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Ahhhh network center in GUI. So many reasons to love it. Here's a
  particularly basic one which surely would make my mom want NOT to use
  Linux:

  Network connections -> Wired connection -> IPv4 settings -> Method: from
Automatic(DHCP) to Manual + add address/netmask/gateway+dns server+SAVE = OK
  ip a = specified IP address manually

  Network connections -> Wired connection -> IPv4 settings -> Method: from
Manual to Automatic(DHCP)+SAVE = OK
  disconnect -> reconnect
  ip a = same specified IP address manually!! But I was expecting to be leased
a DHCP IP??

  solution: Network connections -> Wired connection -> IPv4 settings ->
  delete manually added IP address + SAVE + disconnect + reconnect = ip
  a = DHCP IP, \o/

  Food for thought: Thankfully I didn't have 6 different IP
  configurations in place.......................