** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 1899962
   Wrong audio output device selected on Raspberry Pi Desktop
   switch-on-connect mistakes startup for USB hotplug, so seemingly ignores the
old default device on reboot

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  (Ubuntu 21.04) RPi4 audio is slow and crackling

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4. After updating from Ubuntu 20.10 to 21.04, I
noticed audio problems.
  The sound is slow and crackling.

  I'm using the headphone jack and the config.txt option:
  dtparam=audio=on

  If I start a video or audio file in VLC player and select the VLC options:
  Audio:
  Output module: ALSA Audio Output
  Device: bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones Default Audio Device

  Then the playback speed seems to be normal but the "electric" crackling in
voices remains.
  And system-wide the problem persists, too.