Public bug reported:

[Issue]
On Jammy, the stub-resolv.conf file on /run/systemd/resolve gets overwritten if
dhclient is executed.

While debugging this, I found the reference on LP#1889068 [0] of the
move of `resolved` hook from dhclient-enter-hooks.d/ to dhclient-exit-
hooks.d/, and this new hook [2] has no reference of make_resolv_conf()
being called.

[Reproducer]
-
I used a cloud-image based Jammy installation (uvt-kvm).  Once in:

$ cat /run/system/resolve/stub-resolv.conf

And one will see:

nameserver 127.0.0.53
options edns0 trust-ad
search .

Then:

$ sudo dhclient
$ cat /run/system/resolve/stub-resolv.conf

You'll see the definition of the nameserver(s) in, and the stub IP
address no longer there.  To revert this, a `systemctl restart systemd-
resolved` is needed.

[Impact]

This is an improper way to keep nameserver(s) in *resolv* files; the
override of the file should never happen in these circumstances.

[Extra]
-
As a minor test, I copied over the dhclient-enter-hooks.d/resolved file from a
Focal installation to a Jammy one, and the problem _does not happen_ when such
hook is in place.

[ . . . ]

Let me know if further clarification is needed to proceed.  Thank you.

BR,
pprincipeza

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/isc-dhcp/+bug/1889068
[1] https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/bvqPZXZZ8w/
[2] https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/YQdG6z4WS7/

** Affects: isc-dhcp (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to isc-dhcp in Ubuntu.

  dhclient overriding stub-resolv.conf file on Jammy

Status in isc-dhcp package in Ubuntu: