Thank you very much.

As this bug can easily get worked around and as it is also fixed in
cups-filters 2.x, I will not provide a fix here. Closing ...

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Prints blank pages

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  When printing using a wireless printer from Ubuntu it only prints
  blank pages. Occasinally, but not reproducable, it prints 1 job after
  boot and then fails. Printing from ipad and android devies to the same
  printer always works.

  This problem has persisted for several years, different versions of
  ubuntu on different networks and computers and several different
  printers.

  The attached file contains the cups debug log.

  The machine was booted 24 hours earlier.
  The first print job succeeded, the second failed with printer busy.
  I then tried to log out and back in, and only got blank pages. When that
happens, the printer will continue to print blank pages until the tray is empty
or removed.