apport information

** Attachment added: "nmcli-dev.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1975549/+attachment/5592937/+files/nmcli-dev.txt

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  NetworkManager uses tethered Android phone as ethernet connection
  instead of wired ethernet connection

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  I'm running Kubuntu 22.04 LTS, x86_64, fully patched. I've been having
  trouble the last week or two ssh'sing into the machine, and printing
  from the machine when I am sitting at the keyboard. I also could not
  connect to my external firewall when sitting at the keyboard.

  I keep a Google Pixel 4a tethered to the USB hub for charging. The
  Android phone is running Android 12, and the phone is set to "USB
  Tethering". The phone is fully patched, too.

  I found if I reboot the machine with the phone tethered, then the
  machine uses the Android phone as the ethernet connection. It
  literally calls the connection "ethernet", as if it was using the
  network adapter. This is new behavior over the last week or two.

  This is unexpected behavior for three reasons. First, it is new
  behavior. Second, the wired gigabit ethernet connection is not used by
  default. And thrid, the Android phone's connection is called
  "ethernet" instead of something more meaningful like "USB" or
  "Android" or "wired hotspot".

  The third item ("ethernet" name when using Android phone) was
  misleading enough to waste a lot of time troubleshooting the issue. I
  thought I had an odd firewall issue or a mDNS issue.

  The reason I was having so many troubles, like printing and ssh, is
  the Android phone uses Wifi and it is on a different VLAN and subnet
  to keep traffic segregated from my trusted internal network.

  -----

  It looks like I am running network-manager via systemd:

  # service systemd-networkd status
  ● systemd-networkd.service - Network Service
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/systemd-networkd.service; disabled;
vendor prese>
       Active: inactive (dead)
         Docs: man:systemd-networkd.service(8)
  # service network-manager  status
  ● NetworkManager.service - Network Manager
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service; enabled;
vendor preset: >
       Active: active (running) since Mon 2022-05-23 21:16:52 EDT; 59min ago
         Docs: man:NetworkManager(8)
     Main PID: 928 (NetworkManager)
        Tasks: 3 (limit: 76693)
       Memory: 12.0M
       CGroup: /system.slice/NetworkManager.service
               └─928 /usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.24
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 20.04.3 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64
(20210819.1)
  IpRoute:
   default via 172.16.1.1 dev enp4s0 proto dhcp metric 100
   169.254.0.0/16 dev enp4s0 scope link metric 1000
   172.16.0.0/12 dev enp4s0 proto kernel scope link src 172.16.2.10 metric 100
  Package: network-manager 1.22.10-1ubuntu2.3
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.13.0-44.49~20.04.1-generic 5.13.19
  Tags:  focal
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dialout dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  nmcli-con:
   NAME      UUID                                  TYPE      TIMESTAMP
TIMESTAMP-REAL                   AUTOCONNECT  AUTOCONNECT-PRIORITY  READONLY
DBUS-PATH                                   ACTIVE  DEVICE  STATE
ACTIVE-PATH                                         SLAVE  FILENAME

   Ethernet  5d31ea14-c1cd-318f-a982-09ce6723dadb  ethernet  1653403311  Tue 24
May 2022 10:41:51 AM EDT  yes          -100                  no
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings/1  yes     enp4s0  activated
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/4  --
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/Ethernet.nmconnection
  nmcli-nm:
   RUNNING  VERSION  STATE      STARTUP  CONNECTIVITY  NETWORKING  WIFI-HW
WIFI     WWAN-HW  WWAN
   running  1.22.10  connected  started  full          enabled     enabled
enabled  enabled  enabled
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.24
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 20.04.3 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64
(20210819.1)
  IpRoute:
   default via 192.168.11.111 dev usb0 proto dhcp metric 100
   169.254.0.0/16 dev usb0 scope link metric 1000
   192.168.11.0/24 dev usb0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.11.182 metric
100
  Package: network-manager 1.22.10-1ubuntu2.3
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.13.0-44.49~20.04.1-generic 5.13.19
  Tags:  focal
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dialout dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  nmcli-con:
   NAME      UUID                                  TYPE      TIMESTAMP
TIMESTAMP-REAL                   AUTOCONNECT  AUTOCONNECT-PRIORITY  READONLY
DBUS-PATH                                   ACTIVE  DEVICE  STATE
ACTIVE-PATH                                         SLAVE  FILENAME

   Ethernet  5d31ea14-c1cd-318f-a982-09ce6723dadb  ethernet  1653492598  Wed 25
May 2022 11:29:58 AM EDT  yes          -100                  no
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings/1  yes     usb0    activated
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/2  --