Spun up a VM with fresh Unbuntu 20 and Nemo installed just fine, looks
like this is fresh Dell install specific. Sorry for wasting your time.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

  libgail-3-0 install blocked by "=" dependency

Status in gtk+3.0 package in Ubuntu:

  The libgtk dependency in libgail-3-0 is set to = *not* >= 3.24.18.

  Since libgtk has moved on to 3.24.20 the install of libgail is now
  blocked, which of course blocks everything that depends on it, Nemo in
  my case but I'm sure there are many others as well.

  Using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with all current updates.