When i made the same dist-upgrade, Ubuntu was moving from pulseaudio to
pipewire. The result was: no sound hardware detected.

So into a terminal i have ran:
 sudo touch /usr/share/pipewire/media-session.d/with-pulseaudio
 systemctl --user restart pipewire-session-manager

After a reboot, the sound hardware was found and set to work as
expected.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  BUG IN UBUNTU 22.10 KINETIC KUDU: Audio Does Not Work Properly And
  Video Playback Is Very Laggy

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  I had recently upgraded from Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Jammy Jellyfish To Ubuntu 22.10
Kinetic Kudu (Development Branch) and i found 2 NEW Problems with it...
  1) Audio does not work at all
  2) Video playback is very laggy and not as smooth as before
  When i played a video,The playback was so laggy making me want to smash the
screen and there was no audio at all like seriously,I am seeing this problem
ever since I've upgraded to Ubuntu 22.10 Kinetic Kudu (Development
Branch),Please Ubuntu Team fix this problem!

  Package: pulseaudio 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  rasth      1111 F.... pipewire-media-
   /dev/snd/seq:        rasth      1110 F.... pipewire
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Jun  3 05:52:08 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.10 "Kinetic Kudu" - Alpha amd64 (20220602)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  PulseList: Error: command ['pacmd', 'list'] failed with exit code 1: No
PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
  SourcePackage: pulseaudio
  Symptom: audio
  dmi.bios.date: 11/12/2020
  dmi.bios.release: 4.6
  dmi.bios.vendor: Phoenix Technologies LTD
  dmi.bios.version: 6.00
  dmi.board.name: 440BX Desktop Reference Platform
  dmi.board.vendor: Intel Corporation
  dmi.board.version: None
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Tag
  dmi.chassis.type: 1
  dmi.chassis.vendor: No Enclosure
  dmi.chassis.version: N/A
  dmi.ec.firmware.release: 0.0
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnPhoenixTechnologiesLTD:bvr6.00:bd11/12/2020:br4.6:efr0.0:svnVMware,Inc.:pnVMwareVirtualPlatform:pvrNone:rvnIntelCorporation:rn440BXDesktopReferencePlatform:rvrNone:cvnNoEnclosure:ct1:cvrN/A:sku:
  dmi.product.name: VMware Virtual Platform
  dmi.product.version: None
  dmi.sys.vendor: VMware, Inc.