The isc-dhcp-client dependency exists to ensure support for network
configuration from within an initramfs, for which systemd-networkd is
not currently a replacement since we don't run systemd in the initramfs.

See also https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-
devel/2022-May/042080.html ff regarding the removal of isc-dhcp-client
altogether in the future, but at least for now I would consider this
request invalid since we don't have a replacement for it.

** Changed in: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  ubuntu-minimal should not depend on isc-dhcp-client

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  ubuntu-minimal already depends on `init` which depends on `systemd-
  sysv` which depends on `systemd` which comes with `systemd-networkd`
  that has a DHCP client in it.

  Having the isc-dhcp-client package feels redundant.

  # Additional information
  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      22.04
  $ apt-cache policy ubuntu-minimal