Public bug reported:

I have a Dell UP3214Q monitor, which uses display port multi stream
transport, to support the full 4K resolution. After updating from Ubuntu
20.04 to 22.04 the two halves of the monitor suddenly show different
colors.

After fiddling around for quite a while I realized that the problem goes away,
when adding and activating the "Standard Space - sRGB" profile in the Gnome
color settings panel. By default it uses the "Automatic - DELL UP3214Q" profile.
It seems any selected profile gets applied only to the first of the two display
port transport streams, although they both belong to the same display.

This took quite a while to figure out, because either removing the
"Automatic" profiles or just using the toggle switch in the color
settings panel did not disable the color-management for the
corresponding display. So there seems to be another bug.

I am running on Xorg using the Nvidia 510 drivers, but I saw the same problem,
when switching to the Intel drivers.

colord: 1.4.6-1
xorg: 1:7.7+23ubuntu2
nvidia-driver-510: 510.73.05-0ubuntu0.22.04.1

** Affects: colord (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to colord in Ubuntu.

  Color profile applied to only half of a MST display

Status in colord package in Ubuntu: