Due to a ping on IRC I wanted to summarize the situation here as it
seems this still affects people.

In nested LXD container we seem to have multiple issues:
- apparmor service failing to start (might need to work with LXD to sort out
why and how to fix it)
  - if it doesn't work at least fail to start more gracefully
  - comment 2 has a workaround to make dbus not insist on apparmor, but that is
not a real fix we could generally apply

- snapd snapd.seeded.service needs code to die/exit gracefully in this
situation (as it won't work)
  - See comment 7, might have changed since then, but worth a revisit

** Also affects: lxd (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- cloud-init status --wait hangs indefinitely in a nested lxd container
+ Services (apparmor, snapd.seeded, ...?) fail to start in nested lxd container

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dbus in Ubuntu.

  Services (apparmor, snapd.seeded, ...?) fail to start in nested lxd
  container

Status in AppArmor:
  New
Status in cloud-init:
  Invalid
Status in snapd:
  Confirmed
Status in dbus package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in lxd package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  When booting a nested lxd container inside another lxd container (just
  a normal container, not a VM) (i.e. just L2), using cloud-init -status
  --wait, the "." is just printed off infinitely and never returns.