Tim Richardson Thank you so much, but NO, no and again NO.

I will not disable cgroups v2 because "at least blah blah blah".

I came from a configuration in which cgroups v2 was disabled, and snapd
worked. So thank you, but please stop spamming.

The point is that I need cgroups v2 and snapd has a bug, at least in my
configuration and some of configuration of other subscriber, that make
it stop to work.

But the interesting point may be about your nomachine configuration: is
it fresh installed?

I see you also spammed in https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/non-classic-
snaps-fail-to-load-due-to-cgroup-apparmor-issue/28756/4

Maybe you should had read there:

"""
FWIW our CI runs tests on Debian 10 and 11 vanilla images and things appear to
be working correctly, so my guess is there’s something missing or misconfigured
in your session.
"""

You could have commented with something more clever, like: does Debian
11 vanilla images has cgroups v2 enabled, or not?

Clearly there "session" does not mean the boot options.

If this was the point, then still there is a bug on snapd

On snapd there is a bug, and this bug is against snapd.

Can you confirm that enabling cgroups v2 on vanilla image does not work?

How could it be possible that your configuration does not work and you
need to specify boot options? How could CI pass the tests?

there were an old /etc in your machine? and old /home? what?

  Can't run snaps: .slice/session-1.scope is not a snap cgroup

Status in snapd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in snapd package in Debian:

  I just upgraded from hirsute to impish using do-release-upgrade. On
  the upgraded system, I can't run either firefox or chromium (both of
  which worked fine under hirsute). Both fail with:

  /user.slice/user-NNN.slice/session-1.scope is not a snap cgroup where
  NNN is my uid

  With firefox, I was able to fix the problem with:

  snap remove --purge firefox
  apt purge firefox
  apt install firefox

  Now firefox works. But I tried the same thing substituting chromium-
  browser for firefox, and it didn't help: chromium fails with the same
  error message.

  I guess there must be something left over from the hirsute version of
  snapd that isn't getting noticed or cleared by the impish version?

  Someone suggested this might be related to bug 1850667, but that bug
  is marked fixed as of a couple months ago, and I just did this upgrade
  today. Also, it doesn't mention the error message I'm seeing.

  Package: snapd 2.53+21.10ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu71
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown