I have done what was asked. This is the reported journal line:

jul 16 12:00:28 johan-NL40-50CU polkitd(authority=local)[821]: Operator
of unix-session:2 FAILED to authenticate to gain authorization for
action com.ubuntu.softwareproperties.applychanges for system-bus-
name::1.135 [/usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/software-properties-gtk] (owned
by unix-user:johan)

jul 16 12:00:28 johan-NL40-50CU software-properties-gtk.desktop[5300]:
ERROR:root:Authentication canceled, changes have not been saved

I have also unlocked the user account panel. This worked fine without
any issue. As stated earlier the authentication problem occurs only
within a Wayland session and never within an Xorg one.

I also include the report line in a separate attachment.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  packages freezes on authentification with Wayland

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:

  I want to report an issue which might well have been reported already,
  although i could not find it. A few weeks ago I switched from Ubuntu
  LTS 20.04 towards the LTS 22.04 with Wayland as default.

  I discovered that there is a sort of incompatibility between the
  software-properties-package and the Wayland protocol, which occurs
  systematically and never occurs when switching back to Xorg.

  When one tries to add or change a rule in ‘other software’ the
  application always freezes when the user is asked to authenticate. As
  soon a one cancels the authentification procedure it unfreezes almost
  immediately, but freezes again when the user retries to complete the
  adding or alteration procedure. As said, this error never occurs if
  the user switches back to an Xorg session.

  See screenshot: the window with the communication 'software & updates
  does not respond' and with the choice to close or to wait is hidden
  behind the authentification window.

  I am not really sure whether this bug has to be reported as a security
  issue, but certainly the software-properties-package is of utmost
  importance for a stable and secure OS.

  My system:

  OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS x86_64
  Kernel: 5.15.0-30-generic