** Changed in: fwupd (Ubuntu Impish)

  DynamicUser=1 doesn't get along with services that need dbus-daemon

Status in Fwupd:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd:
  New
Status in fwupd package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in fwupd source package in Focal:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd source package in Focal:
  Won't Fix
Status in fwupd source package in Impish:
  Won't Fix
Status in systemd source package in Impish:
  Won't Fix
Status in fwupd source package in Jammy:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd source package in Jammy:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Updating to systemd 245.4-4ubuntu3.16 has caused a regression in
  Ubuntu 20.04, that fwupd-refresh.service always fails to run.

  This has been root caused down to the changes in
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/accountsservice/+bug/1871538

  Unfortunately this is an upstream issue introduced by stable systemd.

  The problem also occurs in Ubuntu 22.04 with a newer systemd release.
  As discussed in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/accountsservice/+bug/1871538/comments/61
 it's a tradeoff of issues.  So within Ubuntu something probably needs to be
done about fwupd-refresh.service.

  One proposal is to remove DynamicUser=yes from the systemd unit, but
  this will mean fwupdgmr refresh runs as root.  It's relatively
  sandboxed by other security mechanisms, but still not ideal.  Could we
  repurpose any other service account?  Or alternatively we can make a
  new fwupd service account that this systemd unit uses.