The upstream systemd developers team would like to request to enable
systemd-repart in Jammy in the next proposed-updates. MR:
https://code.launchpad.net/~bluca/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+git/systemd/+merge/427557

  systemd-repart not packaged

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd source package in Jammy:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd package in Debian:

  [Impact]

  systemd-repart is not (as of 246.6-1ubuntu1) packaged in the
  Ubuntu/Debian packages of systemd - probably because it has an extra
  dependency?

  The bug reporter would like to use it in our new raspberry pi images
  where they don't have cloud-init installed. The reporter is already
  using systemd-growfs, but they are missing the nice partition resizing
  part (so are using cloud-initramfs-growroot).

  Furthermore, in the mkosi image builder
  (https://github.com/systemd/mkosi), the systemd/mkosi developers would
  like to start using systemd-repart for partitioning. Unfortunately,
  they're currently blocked on this because 22.04 doesn't ship systemd-
  repart. The upstream CI uses Github Actions which runs on Ubuntu Jammy
  and will do so until the next Ubuntu LTS is released. If we have to
  wait for the next LTS to be released, we'll have to wait for a
  considerable amount of time before we're able to start using systemd-
  repart.

  Being able to use systemd-repart will allow the systemd/mkosi developers to
take advantage of its improved interface compared to sfdisk,
  as well as its builtin protections against race conditions surrounding the
use of loop devices. The systemd/mkosi developers expect to
  be able to get rid of some nasty loop device failure in mkosi by using
systemd-repart.

  [Test Plan]
  This is a missing extra executable. Once enabled it has self-tests in the
build-time unit tests, and also a regression test in the autopkgtest 'upstream'
suite.

  [Where problems could occur]
  Shipping systemd-repart will come with no additional risk. While there is a
systemd-repart.service that runs on boot, it's configured to not do anything if
no config files are shipped with the system or provided by the user. As such,
the service, if enabled, will effectively be a noop. Aside from the service,
there's the CLI tool systemd-repart and the accompanying man pages that will be
shipped as part of the systemd package.

  Given that there's no risk involved with enabling systemd-repart, and
  given the useful features it provides, the systemd/mkosi developers
  would like to request that systemd-repart be enabled in Ubuntu and
  backported to Jammy so that they can start adopting it in mkosi.