Hi Lars,

As you probably know, that bug has been fixed in kinetic. Therefore, I might
prepare backporting and upload changes into Jammy.
The bug heat measure is low and I need additional data whether there are others
affected by that bug. The process of backporting (SRU) bears the risk so impact
on users is the additional factor which might convince the SRU team to backport
it. So the more people affected by it, the better.

I would like to ask you then to test the changes that would be made by
backporting fix according to the steps mentioned in the SRU bug report
that would be prepared.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libmnl in Ubuntu.

  Static build does not work for libmnl (-lmnl)

Status in libmnl package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in libmnl source package in Jammy:
  Triaged
Status in libmnl package in Debian:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Test Case]
  $ cat > /tmp/hello.c <<EOF
  #include <stdio.h>

  int main() {
      printf("Hello world! (and LP: #1971523)\n");
  }
  EOF
  $ gcc -o /tmp/hello /tmp/hello.c -lmnl
  (dynamic libs work)
  $ gcc -static -o /tmp/hello /tmp/hello.c -lmnl
  /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmnl: No such file or directory

  [Original Report]
  My program uses both -lmnl and -lnetfilter_queue and in Ubuntu 20.04 the
-lnetfilter_queue did not work and -lmnl worked for static builds. In Ubuntu
22.04 the problem is reversed, -lnetfilter_queue works but -lmnl doesn't for
static builds. This is very awkward during the transition 20.04->22.04 when
both should be supported.

  I compensated in Ubuntu 20.04 by building netfilter_queue locally;
  https://github.com/Nordix/nfqueue-loadbalancer#build

  Package: libmnl0:amd64 1.0.4-3build2
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE
  Date: Wed May  4 07:33:26 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  SourcePackage: libmnl
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to jammy on 2022-05-01 (2 days ago)