Just to be clear: apt.conf(5) is not the definitive source, that is
(fsvo reference) in /use/share/doc/examples/configure-index. The manual
page only documents popular options whereas the index lists them all
(apt test suite type checks against it).

Phased updates are documented in apt_preferences, but the documentation
has not been updated for the new implementation either.

They are also, and primarily, documented in the discourse post as that
was requested as the preferred documentation medium.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  Phased update configuration flags not documented in apt.conf(5)

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/phased-updates-in-apt-in-21-04/20345
  describes Dir::Etc::machine-id, APT::Get::Always-Include-Phased-
  Updates and APT::Get::Never-Include-Phased-Updates. I expected these
  to be documented in apt.conf(5) which I treat as a definitive
  reference to configuration options, but they aren't there.