Reverse Depends:
  Depends: ubuntu-mate-desktop
  Depends: ubuntu-mate-core
  Depends: screenruler
  Depends: python3-goocalendar
  Suggests: budgie-control-center
  Suggests: gnome-control-center
  Recommends: libcanberra-gtk3-0

You can't uninstall it without uninstalling your MATE desktop as well.

That doesn't mean you can't disable it, as in

  cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-3.0/modules
  mv libcanberra-gtk3-module.so libcanberra-gtk3-module.so.disabled

However you would then you would be on your own.

This was really mostly tracked down by Milan, kudos to him!

** Changed in: libcanberra (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libcanberra in Ubuntu.

  Evolution not deleting autosave files

Status in Evolution:
  Unknown
Status in evolution package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in libcanberra package in Ubuntu:

  Running Ubuntu MATE, Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS. Evolution v3.44.1-0ubuntu1
  was installed with the distribution on a new system and received
  settings imported from an earlier version on another computer.

  When composing an email, if the process takes long enough an autosave
  file is created as ~/.local/share/evolution/.evolution-
  composer.autosave-xxxxxx ("xxxxxx" is a random 6 character string).
  When the email is successfully sent, the autosave file SHOULD be
  deleted. It's not. When evolution is shut down and restarted I'm asked
  if I want to recover an unfinished email. Answering No to this will
  delete the autosave file, but otherwise it persists and the recovery
  query recurs the next time I open evolution.

  Other people are having the same issue, see
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/1972. The Gnome
  people aren't dealing with it, perhaps considering it a distro-
  specific bug.

  On a system used by many people this is a potential security issue.