I am getting this error on a workstation with 128GB of RAM. Compression
does nothing to fix, especially with how big the nvidia driver is.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  Initrd out of memory error after upgrade to 22.04

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in initramfs-tools source package in Jammy:

  After upgrading to 22.04 system is unbootable because of "out of memory"
error when loading initial ramdisk. I was able to fix it by editing cat
/etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf
  and changing configuration to:
  MODULES=dep
  COMPRESS=xz
  RUNSIZE=15%

  Not sure which one helped, but I can test it if needed.

  System information:
  Release:        22.04

  initramfs-tools:
    Installed: 0.140ubuntu13