I verified the upload on Jammy, Focal and Bionic via fresh LXC
containers, using the attached script.

For the ESM releases, it has been handled by sbeattie from the Security
Team. As I understand, the packages are already available in the ESM
security PPA (I don't have access to it).

** Attachment added: "validate.sh"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tzdata/+bug/1986984/+attachment/5612734/+files/validate.sh

** Tags removed: verification-needed verification-needed-bionic
verification-needed-focal verification-needed-jammy
** Tags added: verification-done verification-done-bionic
verification-done-focal verification-done-jammy

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to tzdata in Ubuntu.

  [FFe] tzdata 2022c update

Status in tzdata package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in tzdata source package in Xenial:
  Confirmed
Status in tzdata source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in tzdata source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in tzdata source package in Jammy:
  Fix Committed
Status in tzdata source package in Kinetic:

  New timezone data, with the following timezones impacted:
  - Chile will spring forward on 2022-09-11, not 2022-09-04 (America/Santiago)
  - Iran no longer observes DST (Asia/Tehran)

  Verification is done with 'zdump'. The first timezone that gets
  changed in the updated package is dumped with 'zdump -v
  $region/$timezone_that_changed' (this needs to be greped for in
  /usr/share/zoneinfo/). [For example: 'zdump -v Asia/Gaza'.] This is
  compared to the same output after the updated package got installed.
  If those are different the verification is considered done.

  [Test Case for all releases]
  1) zdump -v America/Santiago | grep 'Sep.*2022'
    -> should indicate Sep 11, not Sep 4
  2) zdump -v Asia/Tehran | tail
    -> last dates should be in 2022, not in 2499

  [Test Case for releases >= 20.04 LTS]

  For releases with ICU timezone data verification is done using the following
with dates before and after the change:
  1) sudo apt-get install python3-icu
  2) Run the following python script:

  from datetime import datetime
  from icu import ICUtzinfo, TimeZone
  tz = ICUtzinfo(TimeZone.createTimeZone("America/Santiago"))
  always_before = datetime(2022, 9, 1)
  now_before = datetime(2022, 9, 8)
  always_after = datetime(2022, 9, 12)
  assert(tz.utcoffset(always_before) == tz.utcoffset(now_before))
  assert(tz.utcoffset(now_before) != tz.utcoffset(always_after))

  The assertions would crash on 2022a.

  [Test Case for releases <= 20.04 LTS]

  Additionally, an upstream update of tzdata removed the 'old' SystemV
timezones, so we should ensure that they are kept in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and
earlier releases. Subsequently, these should be checked for using the following:
  diff <(zdump -v America/Phoenix | cut -d' ' -f2-) <(zdump -v SystemV/MST7 |
cut -d' ' -f2-)

  Nothing should be returned by the above command.

  [Original report]
  tzdata 2022b and 2022c were just released that includes some timezone changes
for Chile. According to the tzdata lib listed for Ubuntu 20.04, the latest
package is 2022a. Any idea when 2022b or 2022c will be available? Chile made a
change to the start of their daylight savings and pushed it from Sept 4th to
the 11th, so we really need our servers updated before the 4th.

  Thanks

  Jason