Thank you for following this up and your reply. I will report it and see
if it is updated upstream.

Thank you again!

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to tzdata in Ubuntu.

  Quito isn't displayed as choice for time zone

Status in tzdata package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  On Ubuntu 22.04.1 (and 20.04.x) there is no option available for
  Quito.

  On GNOME
  ========

  Settings > Date & Time > (A map is displayed)

  Type Quito on the search field.

  There are no matches.

  On KDE
  ======

  System Settings > Regional Settings > Date & Time > Time Zone

  When searching for the time zone I enter:

  Quito

  There are no matches.

  The entries for Ecuador are Galapagos Islands and Guayaquil. Quito is the
capital city of Ecuador, whereas Guayaquil is the second biggest. It makes no
sense for the capital not to be displayed in the city list, but to have the
second.

  It is akin to have Marseille as the main choice for France instead of
  Paris.