** Merge proposal linked:

https://code.launchpad.net/~sergiodj/ubuntu/+source/apport/+git/apport/+merge/429986

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Adjust apport for the new Ubuntu debuginfod service

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  With the new Ubuntu debuginfod service
  (https://debuginfod.ubuntu.com), and with the prospect of having the
  system automatically fetch debuginfo from the internet without user
  intervention, it is necessary to adjust apport to cope with this
  scenario.

  I had a conversation with bdmurray and he was concerned that having a
  debuginfod-enabled GDB generate the corefiles that are eventually
  submitted to Ubuntu can be a problem.

  My proposed solution is to disable GDB's debuginfod support when
  collecting the corefile.  This should keep things as is and not
  disturb the retrace service.