I confirmed that the fix works: Firstly I compiled `gdal` and now it
could be built successfully; secondly I wrote a simple program to
include `goo/gmem.h` and didn't see the compile error anymore. Thanks!

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to poppler in Ubuntu.

  "goo/GooCheckedOps.h" is missing in 0.62.0-2ubuntu2.13 on Ubuntu
  Bionic

Status in poppler package in Ubuntu:

  Somehow "goo/GooCheckedOps.h" is missing in 0.62.0-2ubuntu2.13 on
  Ubuntu Bionic but "goo/gmem.h" still has the statement `#include
  "GooCheckedOps.h"`. As a result, a compile error will happen when
  compiling code that uses poppler:

  /usr/include/poppler/goo/gmem.h:31:11: fatal error: GooCheckedOps.h:
  No such file or directory

  I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 and currently having 0.62.0-2ubuntu2.12 (the
  previous version) installed. I confirmed that "goo/gmem.h" doesn't
  have the `#include "GooCheckedOps.h"` statement.

  I found this issue when I was compiling gdal on my Docker container.
  The Docker container was installed the problematic version
  0.62.0-2ubuntu2.13 and I ran into the "No such file or directory"
  error.

  I compiled on both Amd64 and AArch64 and I ran into the same error on
  both platforms.

  By reading the diff between 2.12 and 2.13

(https://launchpadlibrarian.net/622079418/poppler_0.62.0-2ubuntu2.12_0.62.0-2ubuntu2.13.diff.gz),
  the patch looks quite right. But when I examined the contents of the
  built `.deb` packages, I didn't find the file "goo/GooCheckedOps.h".

  Kind of weird, because the problem seems to be caused by applying
  "CVE-2022-38784-pre.patch" in half: the first part that creates
  "goo/GooCheckedOps.h" was not applied during the build process and the
  second part that modifies "goo/gmem.h" was applied.

  Any thoughts? Ideas?