1. "ionice -c3 nice cp -a SRC DST" is mandatory? Does it reproducible through a
normal "cp -a"?
A: Unknown.  I've been using that out of habit for years to retain as much
responsiveness as possible.  For future copies I'll use just 'cp -a'.

2. What's the fail rate?
A: Over the last two weeks I had four such files to copy and two failed on
their first attempt.  So I'd say 2/6 total failure rate.

3. Would you please share the data type from "SRC"? a single large 29,613MB
file? or a lot of small files? or 300MB * 100 files?
A: Sorry, I should have said that earlier.  It's a single MP4 file, the size
for the past three months has averaged 27,283MB (20 to 36GB).  The two
associated with the most recent OOMs were 30,710MB (stopped around 10.7 GB
transferred) and 29,458MB.

The additional load of extraneous processes varies (Firefox,
LibreOffice, Chrome, Thunderbird, etc).  My own failed attempts to
reproduce this on-demand were initially done with no other programs
running.

  systemd kills gnome-shell or gnome-terminal if gnome-terminal uses
  much memory (50% over 20s)

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  Invalid
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  [Steps to reproduce]
  0. Install Jammy image
  1. open gnome terminal
  2. issue stress_ng or Canonical certification tool checkbox as
  "checkbox-cli run com.canonical.certification::memory/memory_stress_ng"
  or
  "stress-ng --stack 0 --timeout 300"
  3. Terminal or Gnome-shell will be killed by systemd-oomd

  It's because all stressors are under same cgroup belongs to terminal.

  Both Wayland and Xorg can reproduce.

  over ssh and in multi-user.target work good.