CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Tue Oct 11 09:21:21 2022
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220809.1)
SourcePackage: gstreamer1.0
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to kinetic on 2022-10-02 (8 days ago)
XorgLog: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/log/Xorg.0.log'

** Affects: gstreamer1.0 (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug kinetic wayland-session

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2022-10-11 09-20-54.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1992463/+attachment/5623010/+files/Screenshot%20from%202022-10-11%2009-20-54.png

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gstreamer1.0 in Ubuntu.

  Totem can't play video captured with the "Take a Screenshot" tool

Status in gstreamer1.0 package in Ubuntu:

  If I create a 5-second video of my desktop with the "Take a
  Screenshot" tool (as an aside, is that tool built into gnome-shell now
  or something? I couldn't figure out what executable the app icon
  corresponds to, i.e., I couldn't find the desktop file for it :shrug:)
  and then open the resulting webm file which causes it to be opened in
  the Videos app, i.e., Totem, the video as shown on the screen is all
  scrunched up to the left and in monochrome rather than color. If I
  play the same video in mplayer it looks fine. See the attached
  screenshot which shows a Totem window and an mplayer window with the
  same video file open in each.

  Package: libgstreamer1.0-0 1.20.3-1
  ApportVersion: 2.23.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64