policykit-1 121+compat0.1-5 is now in Debian Unstable.

Could I get a clear answer from the Ubuntu Security Team if this is
acceptable to autosync when Ubuntu 23.04 development opens?

** Tags added: block-proposed

** Summary changed:

- [security review] Sync policykit-1 0.120-6 (main) from Debian experimental
+ [security review] Sync policykit-1 121+compat0.1-5 (main) from Debian unstable

** Description changed:

- Please sync policykit-1 0.120-6 (main) from Debian experimental
+ Please sync policykit-1 121+compat0.1-5 (main) from Debian unstable for
+ Ubuntu 23.04

  Changelog entries since current kinetic version 0.105-33:
- https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/p/policykit-1/changelog-0.120-6
+
https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/p/policykit-1/policykit-1_121%2Bcompat0.1-4_changelog

  In particular, see the 0.120-4 changelog entry.

  I am filing a bug for Security Team review.
  Previously, Debian and Ubuntu developers agreed to keep using
  the last version of policykit before it switched to using JavaScript rules.

  But that was years ago. I believe Debian & Ubuntu are the only distros
  to have opted out of the new policykit. It is harder to maintain
  the old style rules when upstream rules use the new format. And it is
  a challenge to backport security and other bugfixes from the new
  series, without making mistakes or missing important details.

  There was a proposal to use duktape instead of mozjs for the JavaScript
  interpreter but I don't think that's been merged yet.

  It appears the Debian maintainer is considering switching Debian to the
  updated version in time for the next Debian Stable release (so uploading
  to unstable later this year).
-
- My requested deadline is August 25, Ubuntu 22.10 Feature Freeze.

** Description changed:

[...]

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to policykit-1 in Ubuntu.

  [security review] Sync policykit-1 121+compat0.1-5 (main) from Debian
  unstable

Status in policykit-1 package in Ubuntu: