Maybe related to this https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-
desktop/issues/519

** Bug watch added: github.com/mate-desktop/mate-desktop/issues #519
   https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-desktop/issues/519

  system frozen after sleep

Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  Confirmed
Status in acpid package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in upower package in Ubuntu:

  Linux V330 5.15.0-39-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 9 23:42:32 UTC
  2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  This is a bug that I reported with Ubuntu Mate 20.04 if I remember correctly
but, at that time it was only apparent when I was using video ripping software
on separate laptops and only when the machines became idle once the ripping
program had finished.
  I don't think this bug was ever fixed and so I'm returning to it because I
left my laptop in sleep mode over meal time to come back to a frozen system. I
was not using the video ripping program this time, just surfing the Net. No
other program was open.

  I run a Lenovo i7 V330-151KB and a Lenovo i5 Z50 but, the bug has
  happened when using an old Dell 1530 laptop.

  I do not believe I am unique in having this bug as someone has a
  similar bug when they have minimised Google Chrome and their system
  had went to sleep. I was also using Chrome this time but, as I have
  already said I was having this happen using another program and not
  using Chrome.