** Attachment added: "The video shows that Firefox doesn't even notice that the
save button is clicked in the "Save as..." dialog and the weird behaviour of
typing inside the file name field."

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+3.0/+bug/1878076/+attachment/5625246/+files/2022-10-19%2016-43-53.mkv

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

  GTK save-dialogs input-focus moves from filename to file search if a
  folder is selected

Status in GTK+:
  New
Status in gtk+3.0 package in Ubuntu:

  This bug is also reported on GNOME's GTK GitLab:
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/326

  ## Steps to reproduce
   1. Open any GTK app which uses save dialogs (e.g. gedit)
   2. Press save
   3. A save dialog appears and the filename is highlighted (if typing at this
point you edit the file name)
   4. Click on a different folder (e.g. Downloads)
   5. The filename is still highlighted, hinting that the focus is still there
   6. Type and find yourself searching for a file in the selected folder

  -- Current behavior --
  The higlighting (on the file name) hints a focus which is not the actual
input focus, and the actual input focus (the search bar) is hidden until one
starts to type, which I think to be confusing and unexpected. Also, clicking
back on the highlighted filename you lose the highlighting, so you have to
highlight again some already highlighted text; I think this to be confusing and
counterintuitive.

  -- Expected outcome --
  Highlighting and focus need to match. If they don't that's a UX bug, and
there are several options to solve it, some examples:
  - keep highlighting as is and keep focus on the filename, this whould require
finding a different path for file search (I think this is the most productive
option, because I assume a user wants to change the folder and eventually
rename or name the file, which I consider more likely than a user wanting to
search for a file within a save-file dialog);
  - keep filesearch as is, but show its bar before typing begins, and remove
any highlighting from filename.

  For reference, Windows 10's native save-file dialogs disables the
  highlighting when clicking on a different folder. Typing does nothing
  at that point.

  Tested on gedit 3.36.1 on Ubuntu 20.04.

  Package: libgtk-3-0 3.24.18-1ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME