Public bug reported:

There is a issue rsyncing to a rsync module with the error: failed:
Read-only file system (30)

Both server are ubuntu 22.04.1 with rsync version 3.2.3-8ubuntu3

I tried with no success "use chroot" different value options

Permissions are OK in the end side

Installing manually rsync package version 3.1.3-8ubuntu0.4 from ubuntu
20 in the end side server solves the issue (without any configuration
changes)

Also, a workaround (both same version of rsync), is to use the following
parameters in rsync: -e ssh
however, this might not work for automated cron scripts.

1) Start side server command:

rsync -rptoglav /tmp/test/ <ip>::test

2) End side server configuration of rsyncd.conf:

=======================================
[test]
 path = /tmp/test
 read only = false
 uid = root
 gid = root

** Affects: rsync (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to rsync in Ubuntu.

  rsync 3.2.3 to module broken with read-only system error

Status in rsync package in Ubuntu: