** Changed in: vim (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to vim in Ubuntu.

  new vim version in 20.04 sets mouse=a by default

Status in vim package in Ubuntu:

  Upgrading vim in Focal from 2:8.1.0875-5ubuntu4 to 2:8.1.2269-1ubuntu1
  changed the default behavior.

  Old:
  :set mouse
   mouse=

  New:
  :set mouse
   mouse=a

  That new behavior prevents most peoples common
  In fact that is one thing that always annoys me when working with a Debian
VM/Container to have switch to mouse=v to get things working again.

  Issues:
  - marking something with the mouse does NOT copy it anymore
  - marking something with the mouse does not even allow right-click to copy
  - probably more

  Yes I know one could press shift to get the old behavior, but that
  isn't how the rest of the terminal works. I'd much prefer to "press
  shift for the uncommon/new behavior".

  We always had in the changelog:
       - debian/patches/ubuntu-mouse-off.patch:
         + Mouse mode is actively harmful in some chroots.
  Old bug 1661691 brought that delta in early 2017

  But this was dropped on the last merge:
      * Dropped changes, included upstream:
        - debian/patches/ubuntu-mouse-off.patch:
          + Mouse mode is actively harmful in some chroots.
  Yet if this would be upstream then the behavior would not have changed right?

  Was this change intentional and is there a good reason that makes up for the
drawback?
  Or is it a bug that was missed on the merge of the new version and should be
resolved before 20.04 goes into FF?