The verification of the Stable Release Update for python-apt has
completed successfully and the package is now being released to
-updates.  Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being
unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report.  In
the event that you encounter a regression using the package from
-updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report
regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to python-apt in Ubuntu.

  OverFlow error when using cnf-extractor

Status in python-apt package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in python-apt source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in python-apt source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in python-apt source package in Jammy:
  Fix Committed
Status in python-apt source package in Kinetic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  Large files can't be downloaded as we use a 32-bit integer in AcquireFile
constructor, this breaks e.g. command-not-found generator:

  I'm trying to update the command-not-found indexes (bin/cnf-extract.py
  $MIRROR $suite $component $arch) on the production cnf extractor
  system (running bionic) and have encountered Tracebacks when
  generating them for Jammy and Lunar. This is causing the command not
  found indexes to be out of date for all(?) releases of Ubuntu.

  The lunar failure:

  Get:1 dotnet-sdk-6.0_6.0.111-0ubuntu3_amd64.deb [79.1 MB]
  Fetched 79.1 MB in 0s (0 B/s)
  Traceback (most recent call last):64... 7%
    File "./bin/cnf-extract.py", line 54, in <module>
      mirror_root, suite, component, arch)
    File "/srv/cnf-extractor/extractor/extractor.py", line 174, in
command_not_found_extract
      debpath = pkg.candidate.fetch_binary(destdir=tmpdir)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/package.py", line 883, in
fetch_binary
      self.size, base, destfile=destfile)
  OverflowError: signed integer is greater than maximum

  I'll get more context for the Jammy failure but it wouldn't surprise
  me if it was the same package.

  [Test plan]
  I have included a test for the AcquireFile constructor to accept a large file
size, and then a test that ensures it can read the file size.

  Run the autopkgtest suite.

  [Where problems could occur]
  It could fail in other places now.

  For kinetic, the package was copied in from lunar without changes.
  This upload is actually built in kinetic and hence there is additional
  regression potential from toolchain changes.

  [Other info]
  Also including some auxiliary changes as we move back to proper upstream
releases to enable testing, mostly around

  d/gbp.conf, .gitlab-ci.yml - being updated to point at right places
  d/t/control - adding a missing test dependency
  data/ - updated mirror lists

  The mirror lists are standard updates; the debian/tests/control change
  is needed to enable testing on more minimal autopkgtest images (our images
  accidentally include binutils); the other changes have zero impact on the
Ubuntu infra or end user side as they only run during development.