** Attachment added: "syslog.gz"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm3/+bug/2016193/+attachment/5663886/+files/syslog.gz

** Summary changed:

- "switch to" a new user immediately aborts, returns to previous user's session
+ systemd refuses to start a secondary Xorg session
[org.gnome.Shell@x11.service: Skipped due to 'exec-condition']

** Tags added: jammy

  systemd refuses to start a secondary Xorg session
  [org.gnome.Shell@x11.service: Skipped due to 'exec-condition']

Status in gdm3 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in gnome-session package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  Split out from https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
  shell/+bug/2015386/comments/9 .

  I'm using the nvidia 525-server drivers.

  When I create a new user, then attempt to "switch to" that user from
  another user's GNOME session, the new session immediately aborts and
  returns me to the original user's session.