I had a similar issue with Ubuntu Gnome after upgrading to 14.10. Had a
double mouse pointer, but only on the main screen, not on the two other
screens. Disabled screens one by one and renabled them and the problem
was solved. Don't know if this is related to your problem, seems more
like a gnome problem and as you are using xfce, it might be something
else.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Double mouse cursor

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:

  Last up to date Xubuntu 64 bits installed on a laptop

  Since 2 days, the mouse cursor is double with only the left part as
  active and a bar just behing of both arrow (see picture joined).

  I tried to change the theme but no way to go back to a normal mouse
  cursor

  Regards

  Package: xorg 1:7.7+7ubuntu2
  ApportVersion: 2.14.7-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE
  Date: Sun Nov 16 11:12:21 2014
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release amd64
(20121017.1)
  SourcePackage: xorg
  Symptom: display