This was fixed in 0.36.2.

** Changed in: ufw

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ufw in Ubuntu.

  No ability to discern IPv4 vs IPv6 rules through Python

Status in ufw:
  Fix Released
Status in ufw package in Ubuntu:

  Version: ufw 0.36
  Ubuntu Version: 20.04.3 LTS

  There doesn't appear to be a Python method for accessing IPv4 and IPv6
  rules in a distinguishable manner.

  In the source code (root/src/backend.py) there is an object that
  stores IPv4 and IPv6 rules in separate lists. Those lists are then
  accessed with the following method:

  def get_rules(self):
          '''Return list of all rules'''
          return self.rules + self.rules6

  The issue with this is that the returned list doesn't contain an
  indication of what IP version each item corresponds to and would
  display something like the following.

  1 allow 22/tcp
  2 allow 80
  4 allow 22/tcp
  5 allow 80

  I don't currently see a way to distinguish between IPv4 and IPv6 rules other
than accessing the lists in the backend object directly (but I don't think this
is best practice). E.g.:
  rules_ipv4 = backend.rules
  rules_ipv6 = backend.rules6

  One possible fix would be to add functions that return only the IPv4 or IPv6
rules. E.g.:
  def get_rules_ipv4(self):
          '''Return list of all ipv4 rules'''
          return self.rules