I followed the instructions here - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingDBus
to add debugging info to dbus. I was out and experienced the bug. When I
got back I ran sudo dbus-monitor --system for few minutes and collected
the attached output.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dbus in Ubuntu.

  dbus daemon running at 100%

Status in “dbus” package in Ubuntu:

  This is on krillin r166.

  dbus-daemon was running at 100% for a few hours today. I noticed that
  when I launch System Settings, it causes dbus-daemon to run at  lose
  to 100% until it opens. I also noticed that when I launched Systen
  Settings, after it finally opened, dbus-daemon settled down.