@Federico: Thanks for testing and reporting that observation!

I can't reproduce it (on mantic), though. Dead keys work as expected for
me, also with the keyboard layout you mentioned.

Are you sure that the issue is related to the proposed ibus version?
Does the issue go away if you downgrade to the released version? Are you
testing on lunar or mantic?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  Nautilus search is slow and jumbles keyboard input on 22.10

Status in ibus:
  New
Status in ibus package in Ubuntu:

  Since my upgrade to 22.10, I've found the search box in Nautilus
  (files) essentially unusable.  It is notably sluggish to launch and
  browse in general.  But most detrimental to the usability is this:

  The characters do not appear in real time as I type. When they do
  appear, they are sometimes jumbled or in reverse (consistently
  reproducible).  As I type in the file search box, the circular cursor
  spins intermittently, then the UI catches up and it's not what I
  typed.

  For example, I just typed "umbrella" into the search box, and Nautilus
searched for:
  "umballer"

  Off-the-cuff test #2, searched for "Ubuntu" and I ended up with
  "Ubunut" ... you can't make this up. :-)

  Test #3, typed Launchpad, ended up with a search for "Laudaphcn".

  Keyboard input everywhere else on the system is otherwise normal and
  snappy.  No pun intended, really.

  FWIW Nautilus files preferences are as default (Search in subfolders,
  Show thumbnails, File count == This computer only).

  ----

  $ apt-cache policy nautilus
  nautilus:
    Installed: 1:43.0-1ubuntu1
    Candidate: 1:43.0-1ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 1:43.0-1ubuntu1 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu kinetic/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  $ uname -r
  5.19.0-23-generic

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:        22.10

  $ snap list
  Name                       Version           Rev    Tracking
Publisher          Notes
  bare                       1.0               5      latest/stable
canonical✓         base
  core                       16-2.57.2         13886  latest/stable
canonical✓         core
  core18                     20221027          2620   latest/stable
canonical✓         base
  core20                     20221027          1695   latest/stable
canonical✓         base
  gnome-3-34-1804            0+git.3556cb3     77     latest/stable/…
canonical✓         -
  gnome-3-38-2004            0+git.6f39565     119    latest/stable
canonical✓         -
  google-cloud-sdk           409.0.0           298    latest/stable
google-cloud-sdk✓  classic
  gtk-common-themes          0.1-81-g442e511   1535   latest/stable/…
canonical✓         -
  snap-store                 41.3-64-g512c0ff  599    latest/stable/…
canonical✓         -
  snapd                      2.57.4            17336  latest/stable
canonical✓         snapd
  snapd-desktop-integration  0.1               14     latest/stable/…
canonical✓         -

  Side question:  Since this system has transitioned across several upgrades
from 20.04 to 22.10, do I really need all of these core* and gnome* snaps?