adding the .desktop file and logging back in and re-running did not fix
the issue for me with 23.04, unfortunately.

To be clear, my app is calling multiple of these commands and the bug is
that one "allow" and one password entry are not enough. both dialogs pop
up for each invocation of the SUOD_ASKPASS commands as if no gnome
inhibitShortcuts preference or password were entered.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu.

  ssh-askpass-gnome pops up for every sudo command

Status in openssh package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in openssh source package in Jammy:
  Triaged
Status in openssh source package in Kinetic:
  Triaged
Status in openssh source package in Lunar:

  When running multiple commands like this:

  SUDO_ASKPASS=/usr/lib/openssh/gnome-ssh-askpass sudo -A cp ./ez_bkup
/usr/local/bin/

  from my gtk4 app, the ssh-askpass-gnome dialog and the gnome
  inhibitShortcutsDialog pops up. i click allow on the
  inhibitShortcutsDialog, then enter my password, which is accepted,
  then they both pop up again for each of these sudo commands my app
  calls.

  This happens in ubuntu 22.04-23.04 (completely updated) using gnome.
  If i use xfce in the same ubuntu versions, the gnome dialog doesn't
  pop up, of course, and ssh-askpass-gnome works properly (one entry and
  then all commands executed without further prompting). Fedora 37 works
  properly with gnome x11 or wayland, and xfce. Not sure if this is a
  bug in ubuntu's ssh-askpass-gnome, gnome-shell, or both/something
  else.

  ubuntu 23.04 is using GNOME Shell 44.2 and ssh-askpass-gnome
  1:9.0p1-1ubuntu8.2

  fedora is using openssh-askpass-8.8p1-10.fc37 and GNOME Shell 43.6

  thanks