The net autopkgtest is too fragile in my opinion. For example [1] failed
to download the cloud-image. So I suggest to better backport the porting
of the net autopkgtest to the common test framework from initramfs-tools
0.142ubuntu3.

I can prepare the debdiff if you want.

[1] https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/results/autopkgtest-
mantic/mantic/amd64/i/initramfs-tools/20230502_101701_0a75f@/log.gz

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  autopkgtest net is failing on 6.2 kernels with 'System is deadlocked
  on memory'

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in initramfs-tools source package in Jammy:
  New
Status in initramfs-tools source package in Lunar:

  [Impact]
  In debian/tests/run-image we instantiate an image with 512Mb of ram, but
recent jammy/lunar 6.2 kernels need more than that.

  Example of a test failure:

https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/results/autopkgtest-lunar/lunar/amd64/i/initramfs-tools/20230619_135049_ab1cb@/log.gz

  'net' test fails with a kernel panic due to out-of-memory.

  [Fix]

  Increase the size to 1Gb.

  [Test Plan]
  1. Download a lunar image:
  $ autopkgtest-buildvm-ubuntu-cloud -v -a amd64 -r lunar
  2. Run autotestpkg tests from initramfs-tools package. The "net" test is the
one that depends on the image instantiated by 'run-image'. The testcase should
complete successfully without the kernel panic.
  $ autopkgtest initramfs-tools -- qemu autopkgtest-lunar-amd64.img

  [Where problems could occur]
  The usage of a larger image for the tests could fail if the the test system
is low on ram size.

  Notes:
  It seems Mantic already uses 1G, so nothing has to be changed there. I also
tested it locally and I confirm it works as expected there.