Thank you, your latest debdiff LGTM!

Remember, we're currently in feature freeze, so every upload/change
should reference a corresponding bug report on Launchpad. I'll reference
this LP bug for you in the debian/changelog file.

Also, I'll split up your debdiff into logical commits, to do a clean
git-ubuntu upload.

I searched for (and found) evidence that the autopkgtest failure is actually
fixed with those changes (please remember to mention your autopkgtest results
besides your PPA test build in the future):
https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/results/autopkgtest-mantic-xypron-rsyslog/mantic/armhf/r/rsyslog/20230904_113354_6b2f1@/log.gz
https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/results/autopkgtest-mantic-xypron-rsyslog/mantic/amd64/r/rsyslog/20230904_112824_862bb@/log.gz
https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/results/autopkgtest-mantic-xypron-rsyslog/mantic/arm64/r/rsyslog/20230904_114245_bbef8@/log.gz

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to rsyslog in Ubuntu.

  Merge rsyslog 8.2306.0-2

Status in rsyslog package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Debian has upgraded rsyslog to 8.2306.0-2.