Public bug reported:

Imported from Debian bug http://bugs.debian.org/1051837:

Source: dh-python
Version: 6.20230825
Severity: normal

We have a FTBFS on src:pastescript because its test suite embeds a
FakePlugin Python package, including its .egg-info, and the recent
change to the dh-python clean: target breaks that package.

While we can work around it by temporarily renaming the problematic
directory before the dh_clean call, it would be nicer to have an
explicit mechanism to exclude some paths from the clean analysis.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: bookworm/sid
  APT prefers lunar-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'lunar-updates'), (500, 'lunar-security'), (500, 'lunar'),
(100, 'lunar-proposed'), (100, 'lunar-backports')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 6.2.0-32-generic (SMP w/8 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_PROPRIETARY_MODULE, TAINT_USER, TAINT_OOT_MODULE
Locale: LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not set
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

-- no debconf information

** Affects: dh-python (Ubuntu)

** Affects: pastescript (Ubuntu)

** Affects: dh-python (Debian)

** Tags: ftbfs

** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #1051837

** Changed in: dh-python (Debian)
 Remote watch: None => Debian Bug tracker #1051837

** Tags added: ftbfs

** Also affects: pastescript (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dh-python in Ubuntu.

  dh-python: Cannot exclude deliberately embedded .egg-info from the
  clean step

Status in dh-python package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in pastescript package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in dh-python package in Debian: