For 23.10, we will support deb822 sources for third party sources,
especially PPAs, but due to complex interactions did not fully manage to
create a decent experience for ubuntu.sources so far..

So in my local git branches:

The bits I got working correctly still ended up splitting paragraphs
into multiple ones and not merging them back again, so if you enabled a
component and disabled it again, you suddenly had two paragraphs.

There's missing bits still were it writes to sources.list if you edit
ubuntu.sources, actually generates duplicate entries and then stops
working.

** Changed in: software-properties (Ubuntu Mantic)

** Summary changed:

- Does not work with sources in deb822 format
+ Does not work with Ubuntu sources in deb822 format

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  Does not work with Ubuntu sources in deb822 format

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in software-properties source package in Mantic:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  On my Mantic I have sources in new deb822 format.
  Starting software-properties-gtk seems my server is Main server, but from
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu.sources I see server from Italy and I
software-properties-gtk seems unable to change.

  corrado@corrado-n16-mm-0901:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu.sources
  Types: deb
  URIs: http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
  Suites: mantic mantic-updates mantic-backports
  Components: main restricted universe multiverse
  Signed-By: /usr/share/keyrings/ubuntu-archive-keyring.gpg

  Types: deb
  URIs: http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
  Suites: mantic-security
  Components: main restricted universe multiverse
  Signed-By: /usr/share/keyrings/ubuntu-archive-keyring.gpg

  corrado@corrado-n16-mm-0901:~$

  Package: software-properties-gtk 0.99.39
  ApportVersion: 2.27.0-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Sep  2 10:33:12 2023
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 23.10 "Mantic Minotaur" - Daily amd64 (20230901)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   PATH=(custom, no user)